Triathlon Gyrl

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Half Way Through

Past four days have been rather hectic.

Saturday and Sunday, I was away at a work retreat at Mayacamas Ranch which was absolutely spectacular. It was so much fun hanging out at the hot tub and pool, eating good (organic) food, and participating in a talent show. Of course, I participated in an improv skit about that 1001 strategic planning meetings that take place at my part time job... The highlight of Sunday was a three-mile run that I went on which was along a hilly road with spectacular views of the valleys and mountains surrounding Mayacamas Ranch. Oh yeah- the other highlight was taking a nap during the late afternoon on Sunday. Have I mentioned how I love to take naps on the weekends?

Monday, I was back in Sacramento participating in the Senate and Assembly Budget Committee Hearings on CalWORKS- California's version of the Welfare to Work Program. In between both hearings, I conducted several legislative visits on the issue. I was beat by the time I returned to San Francisco.

Today was a busy but low key day. I caught up on making revisions to our statewide web site- www.cdfca.org- as well as made progress on conducting research with families whose children lack health insurance.

My mother arrives tomorrow evening for ten days and I am off to...um...er...Kaua'i, Hawaii on Friday for 5 days; I am so excited! I can not wait to snorkel, kayak, hike, and so much more!

Yesterday, I learned that my aunt has breast cancer... I was very sad to hear this; she goes to Sloan Kettering for a second opinion on Friday. I hope she makes it.

On a brighter note, I also learned since I last posted that my nieces and nephew will visit me for 8 days in August. Talk about excitement!

I can't believe half of the year is almost up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home